Sunday, April 23, 2023

St. Dismas Novena : Day 1

[Day 1] [Day 2] [Day 3] [Day 4] [Day 5] [Day 6] [Day 7] [Day 8] [Day 9]

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. 


Amen.


Dear Lord, we thank You for giving us St. Dismas as an example of true conversion. Help us to imitate the love of You he showed when he chose to ask You for mercy before he died.


St. Dismas, we know little for certain about your life except that you were a thief. Though we don’t know the details of your life as a thief, the Gospels tell us that your crimes caused you to be sentenced to the terrible death of crucifixion. But before your final breath, you turned to Christ for mercy.


Please bring my petitions before the Savior you cried out to!


You are known as the Good Thief, because you repented of your crimes and sought forgiveness at the end of your life.


Pray for me, that I may repent of my own sins. Pray that I may never weary of seeking forgiveness when I fail.


Please also pray for (mention your intentions here).


St. Dismas, pray for us!


In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. 


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment