Monday, May 9, 2022

The Last Supper

[The Mass Explained to Children] [Previous] [Next]

Jesus said to Peter and John:

GO, AND PREPARE FOR US THE PASCH, THAT WE MAY EAT.
YOU WILL FIND A LARGE DINING-ROOM, FURNISHED; AND THERE PREPARE.

And they prepared the table.
And when the hour was come He sat down, and the Twelve Apostles with Him.
And He said to them:

WITH DESIRE I HAVE DESIRED TO EAT THIS PASCH WITH YOU, BEFORE I SUFFER. FOR I SAY TO YOU, THAT FROM THIS TIME I WILL NOT EAT IT TILL IT BE FULFILLED IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

And having taken the chalice He gave thanks, and said:

TAKE, AND DIVIDE IT AMONG YOU: FOR I SAY TO YOU THAT I WILL DRINK NO MORE OF THE FRUIT OF THE VINE TILL THE KINGDOM OF GOD COME • • • THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD WHICH SHALL BE SHED FOR YOU AND FOR MANY UNTO THE REMISSION OF SINS.

And taking bread He gave thanks, and brake; and gave to them, saying:

THIS IS MY BODY, WHICH IS GIVEN FOR YOU.
DO THIS FOR A COMMEMORATION OF ME.

[The Mass Explained to Children] [Previous] [Next]

No comments:

Post a Comment